Published by: MCR
Shared article: Abandoned Southeast
The John A. Hand Building is a 21-story Classical Revival skyscraper located on the southeast corner of 20th Street and 1st Avenue North in Birmingham, Alabama. The tower was completed in 1912 for the American Trust & Savings Bank, then renamed the American-Traders National Bank Building. In the 1970s, the tower was renamed once again to honor John A. Hand, president of First National Bank.